Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Front Cover Madness

Who is ready for some previews?? I have started editing, and I'm glad to announce that it isn't as difficult as I thought! In fact, Canva is pretty user-friendly and I am almost done. My double page spread is slowly coming together, except I think it will be more like a quadruple page spread (is that even a thing?) due to the fact that I can't fit the entire piece on two pages. As for my cover page, it is pretty much done, although I am just having trouble deciding between two pictures.


So between the two pictures, one is more "edgy" than the other due to the 3D effect. Since I started editing I had a bunch of ideas that have contradicted my initial goal of achieving an edgy look, which is why making this decision so difficult. Basically what is happening is that as I design my magazine, it is looking a lot less edgy than I hoped. This brings me to my point, I am afraid that the 3D cover will look out of place compared to the minimalistic, classy, and colorful aspects of the rest of the magazine. What would you do?

Another thing that I have yet to decide is whether I want to include the main cover line on the cover page. But one thing I know for sure is that I will definitely not be including a bar code, as it takes away from the ultimate aesthetic I want. Anyways, stick with me for more sneak peaks as the end draws closer and closer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment