Monday, April 3, 2017

Tackling Obstacles

The photoshoot was pretty exhausting and I did encounter a couple challenges, but overall, I am happy with the result. One thing that didn't go as planned was the fact that I was unable to achieve the pattern/print look that I originally intended because I was limited in the clothing I could use. Either way, I did include print-like pieces of clothing/accessories and bold colors with each outfit to match my color palette and general theme. Another challenge I ran into was the fact that I didn't have a tripod, so now I have to go through and tilt/adjust about 1,000 pictures to straighten the frame. I also have to crop most of the pictures that include elements that were not supposed to be in the frame, which has taken me longer than I thought. But, I do have to give myself some credit because for a first timer trying to photograph professionally, everything came out looking pretty good! Obviously, all of this would not have been accomplished without the help of my friend and model Laura, so a big shout out to her.

As soon as I finish editing the pictures, I will start actually creating the magazine on Canva. Although I did start playing around with the templates and fonts, I have yet to find/create the design that I LOVE. One thing that I am afraid of though, is that the pictures I took will not look good once I put them into the magazine template. I know putting my ideas into practice is definitely harder than what I originally imagined, so I am just hoping for the best at this point. For now, here are a few pictures from the shoot. (Keep in mind I will be cropping out the faces)




Stay tuned for some more previews in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment