Thursday, March 30, 2017

Pattern-mania

Following my research about street style, I took the liberty to also research more about the new pattern trend. I realized that I may be able to combine the two ideas into one, although maybe I won't explicitly call it street style, I will be able to give my audience styling tips and inspiration. Emily Shurr's piece for Papermag is literally pattern galore, although they may have taken it a bit too far in my opinion, it still serves its purpose. The bold colors and prints mashed together create a brilliant and abstract image, which really helps to make a statement out of the whole pattern trend. Emily Shurr LITERALLY outdid herself with this one.



OMG! Cutting off the model's face.. Doesn't that sound familiar?

Like I said, it is more dizzying than what I hope to do, but it does adequately outline the idea of doing my spread about patterns. I definitely want to combine prints/patterns with solid colors to give readers more insight into the trend and also provide styling tips, without making the outfits look borderline ridiculous. These photographs are slightly more similar to the looks I want to achieve, not only since it is less overwhelming but because it combines my original idea about street style with patterns.



Soon I will be posting all the information detailing when I will be shooting, with who, and where! Till next time. XOXO

Citations
"Emily Shur’s “Get Busy, Get Dizzy” for PaperMag." Trendland. Katrina Tan, 15 Aug. 2012. Web. 20 Mar. 2017. <http://trendland.com/emily-shurs-get-busy-get-dizzy-for-papermag/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment