Monday, March 27, 2017

Street Chic

Recently I've been really into street style chic, researching notable street stylers and drooling over their outfits. Obviously I can't get Alexa Chung or Miroslava Duma to model for me within the next two weeks, but I do think it would be really cool to take inspiration from them and do my own double-page spread on Miami street style. Street stylers are the grassroots mobilizers for fashion trends around the world, and that's why it is important for a fashion magazine to do pieces on them and give them credit for their style. This Who What Wear article does exactly that when they openly praises Miroslava Duma for her contributions to fashion. Her bold style is definitely an example to follow...

 

Alexa Chung is another street style star that has been in the industry for quiet a while. She started out small, as a blogger, and is now a contributing editor for Vogue, a model, and a TV presenter. Elle UK has compiled a "Style File" on her with 165 images of her most noteworthy outfits, yes, thats how awesome she is. After looking at the file, it becomes clear that her style is somewhat subtle, but nevertheless it has made its mark within the fashion world.


Since I only have a few days to decide what I'm actually going to do for my spread, I have narrowed down my ideas to two viable options, and this is one of them. In addition to street style, I am also really interested in doing a piece on the new pattern trend and how to style them, so that is what I will be researching next.


Citations
Team, ELLE Fashion, and Alyssa Bailey. "Alexa Chung's Style File." ELLE UK. ELLE UK, 19 Jan. 2017. Web. 20 Mar. 2017. <http://www.elleuk.com/fashion/celebrity-style/articles/g16578/alexa-chung-s-style-file/>.

Gonzalez, Alina. "8 Genius Style Lessons We’ve Learned From Miroslava Duma." Who What Wear. Who What Wear, 28 Nov. 2014. Web. 20 Mar. 2017. <http://www.whowhatwear.com/miroslava-duma-style>.




No comments:

Post a Comment